Wednesday 1 February 2012

Big Brother Editing Slowed Right Down...

...thanks to an illness in the family which is taking up a lot of my attention and thinking time right now. I'm finding it very difficult to concentrate, and I can't do much work when I'm travelling backwards and forwards to Liverpool on a regular basis. It's 2012 and I'm only halfway through the first edit, but because I want to get the book right I can't rush it. At this stage, though, I'm not entirely sure when it will be published. I was hoping for Feburary this year, but that doesn't seem likely now. I hope it will be April, but that can change again.

Anyway, the good news is Keith is now thinking about the cover! He has a few ideas and is going to sketch them down. He's a nightmare to get started on my cover projects! It's too low in the list of his priorities, like his car restoration and car shows! But at least he's thinking about it! I hope he remembers what he did for Epiworld and has kept the cover dimensions!

(He laughed a bit when I told him about the plot of Big Brother, but not very much! Well, not in my hearing, anyway! He thought the funniest bit was the main character's link with Twitter and Facebook: who did that remind him of, he asked...)

Meanwhile Abbie's Rival transition into a Kindle book has also been put on the back burner, but hopefully that will be resolved this month.

The other thing that has suffered because of my recent family problems has been my marketing for my books, but I hope to get this going again. I've kept Google Adwords going to get hits to my blog site, but that's about all.

Enough blogging for now. Back to editing Big Brother!

No comments: